Are Domestic and Commercial Waste the Same?

The waste that you produce, whether it be at home or within your business premises, will need to be disposed of in the correct manner although there are different methods for both.

vonvil junk clearance

Domestic waste from your home will be collected by your local council and this consists of items such as food waste, food packaging and everyday like things paper. A good percentage of this waste can be recycled such as certain plastics, metal, and paper. The local council should provide containers for you to store this. You may also have a recycling centre or drop off point available if you have an unusual quantity. By keeping an eye on what is recyclable will reduce your rubbish load and it will be helpful to the environment.

Business or commercial waste on the other hand is a different matter and it is the law in the UK for business owners to take responsibility and manage their waste effectively. Business waste is from restaurants, public houses and manufacturing companies and it is non-hazardous. It must be stored away which does not obstruct employees or visitors and put in suitable containers. You will need to work with a licenced waste carrier to collect and dispose of business waste.

Hazardous waste which is a different subject altogether and if you produce hazardous waste such as oil, chemicals and pesticides, a specialist licenced company will be needed to safely remove these items.

If you are unsure about your domestic waste collection or where your local recycling drop off point is, please contact your local council.

For more information on waste legislation, you can visit the Environment Agency’s official website to stay up to date and be aware of any changes that would affect you.

If you liked this post you can read more from our blog page.